IPC’s online Poison Prevention Education Course consists of seven quick, easy lessons and corresponding quizzes. Each lesson/quiz takes about 3-5 minutes each to complete. You can complete the course at your convenience; log off after you complete one lesson/quiz and return as many times as you like to complete the rest or complete all the lessons/quizzes in one sitting!
Why take the online Poison Prevention Education Course?
- Access to FREE IL Poison Prevention Month (IPPM) materials and prizes!
- Learn more about poison prevention
- Learn about the vast scope of cases/issues the U.S. Poison Centers deal with day in and day out
- Learn how to educate others about poison prevention
- Continuing education (CEC’s)
Who Can Take the IPC’s online Poison Prevention Education Course?
- Anyone 18 years or older living and/or working in Illinois is welcome to complete the course and utilize the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center
Note: If you reside outside of Illinois, please contact your local poison center for available trainings/resources at 1-800-222-1222 or U.S. Poison Centers
What does the course cover?
- Facts About U.S. Poison Centers
- Facts about Poisons
- Potential Poisons
- Who is at Risk of Poisoning
- How to Prevention Poisonings
- What to do in Case of a Poisoning
- How to Share Poison Prevention Education
What are the benefits?
- After completing the online course you’ll receive a “Certificate of Completion”that you can present to your work or other association for continuing education credits (dependent on the organizations rules).
- After completing the entire course, you’ll have immediate access to the online Poison Prevention Education Resource Center for all your future outreach/education events or activities. Download and/or order free educational materials and presentation tools any time you want them: stickers, magnets, posters, handouts, children’s activity sheets, tool kits, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Something new added to the Resource Center every quarter!
Get started! www.illinoisPoisonCenter.org/outreach
Questions...contact us at 312-906-6136 or IPCadmin@team-iha.org