Seasonal Tips and Resources:
Here's some information to help you keep you and your family safe during the Spring season:
Home Safety Tips
- Post the Illinois Poison Center number (1-800-222-1222) on/or near your telephone(s). Better yet, program the number into your home and cell phones
- Always read the directions before using household cleaners and hazardous chemicals. Be sure to always wear proper safety gear
- Store chemicals and cleaning products in a separate area, away from food and beverages
- Know the names of the plants located in and around the home
- Install carbon monoxide detectors in the home
- Check your house for peeling paint, paint dust and chips
- Properly dispose of old and unused medications. Find drop-off locations in your area
- As always, don’t hesitate to contact the Poison Center if you have a question and/or need treatment recommendations. No issue too big or small…just call 1-800-222-1222!
For more resources, go to Resource Library.
Click here for FREE poison prevention education training, educational materials and presentation tools.